Oat milk has been shooting up on store shelves and appearing in recipes with greater frequency over the previous couple of years, but it’s one among the simplest and most affordable alternative non-dairy milks. In fact, it’s no tougher to form up than a smoothie. to not mention, oat milk is additionally the simplest non-dairy option for coffee or latte frothing because it’s thicker and thus doesn’t curdle. Plus, it’s a silky-smooth taste and is of course sweet.
We’ve provided a go-to oat milk recipe (read: 3 ingredients) alongside 5 flavour variations to form this non-dairy drink a healthy and economical habit. The starch in oats contributes to the magically thick texture that we all love in commercial oat milks, all without hard to pronounce additives. Nut-free, dairy-free, vegan and straightforward – what’s to not love?
How to Make Oat Milk
Total Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 cups
4 cups filtered water
1 cup oatmeal
¼ tsp salt
1. During a high-speed blender, add water, oats and salt. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until oats are pulverized and mixture is creamy in appearance and texture. Employing a fine mesh sieve, strain oat milk into an outsized bowl, preferably with a pouring spout. Discard oat pulp within the sieve or use to form oatmeal or increase food.
2. Pour strained oat milk into an outsized glass carafe with a lid or large Mason jars with a lid. Serve chilled. Oat milk will keep for five to 7 days. A shake or stir are going to be required before enjoying whenever.
5 Unique Oat Milk Flavours
1. Turmeric-Ginger “Golden” Oat Milk: To the strained oat milk base, blend in 2 Tbsp honey, 1 Tbsp ground turmeric, ¼ tsp ground dried ginger and a pinch of ground black pepper. Strain again and luxuriate in chilled. Makes 4 cups.
2. Berry and Vanilla Oat Milk: To the strained oat milk base, blend in ½ cup raspberries or strawberries, 2 Tbsp syrup and ½ tsp flavorer powder or extract. Strain if desired and luxuriate in chilled. Makes 4 cups.
3. Date Shake Oat Milk: To the strained oat milk base, blend in 4 very soft pitted dates, 1 Tbsp syrup, ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon and ⅛ tsp vanilla . No got to strain. Enjoy chilled. Makes 4 cups.
4. Chai Oat Milk: rather than water within the oat milk base, use an equivalent amount of strongly brewed loose-leaf chai; follow the instructions to finish the bottom. To the strained oat milk base made with the chai water, blend in 3 Tbsp honey. Enjoy chilled or warm. Makes 4 cups.
5. Salted Chocolate Oat Milk: To the strained oat milk base, blend in 3 Tbsp chocolate, 2 Tbsp syrup or rice syrup, 1/8 tsp instant coffee (optional) and a generous pinch of salt. Strain again and luxuriate in chilled. Makes 4 cups.
Think beyond your morning coffee and skim abreast of the simplest non-dairy milks for each use (from baking to straight-up cereal). We’ve also rounded up 25 dairy-free breakfast recipes which will convince you it’s really the simplest meal of the day.